28 April 2008

Quince's Tart(Tarta de membrillos o Pasta Frola)

I had promise today I will post the quince's tart and here is.


This lovely Tarta Mom made every time when I was a child, and my Granmother too (A.Chela) and the recipe that I find is from the recipe's book of my grand ma, you may see is so antique but had so good recipes I think Im lucky of has her recipe's book.



This recipe is known as Pasta Frola too and is fron Argentina. I don't had idea, I know now when my Mom told me, so you have know an Argentina's recipe.







Ingredients
250 grs. Flour
150 grs. cornstarch
1 cup of sugar
100 grs. butter
2 spoonfuls of cold water
1 teaspoonful of vanilla
1 teaspoonful of bicarbonate
2 yolk's egg

Filling
400 grs. of quince's jam
2 spoonfuls of a sweet wine (may be Port)
2 spoonful of water

1 spoonful of liquid Honeyto the lattice.

Method
Mix the flour,cornstarch and bicarbonate in the table, add the butter,sugar join well, add vanilla,water and yolks, make a dough smooth and knead, let rest by 10 minutes.

For while, in a little pot heat the quince's jam, and add the sweet wine or Port and the spoonfuls of water mix well until be thicken how a puree and reserve.

In a mold about 26 cm. greased and podwer with flour , first divide the dough in two parts, one to the bottom of the mold and the other reserve to make the lattice to cover the tarte.
Cover the bottom of the tarte with the puree's quince (jam) and place the lattice over them (see the picture).
Brush the lattice with a mix of honey and water to be golden.
Take to medium heat at oven by 20 minutes.
Let cool and serve.

EN ESPAÑOL

Tarta de membrillos o Pasta Frola

Bueno, aquì està la tarta de membrillos o Pasta Frola que prometì despuès del Dulce de Membrillo. En Argentina es conocida principalmente como Pasta Frola, yo no tenìa la menor idea y mi mamà me dijo, que era de allà.Ella hace muchos años que la prepara.
Mi abuelita tambièn y es justamente de ella que copiè la receta, pueden ver el cuaderno que es muy antiguo.
Me siento afortunada de tener los cuadernos de mi abuelita, porque ademàs tienen muy buenas recetas.

Ingredientes
250 grs, harina
150 grs. de harina de maiz (maicena)
1 taza de azùcar
100 grs. de mantequilla o margarina
2 cucharadas de agua frìa
1 cucharadita de vainilla
1 cucharadita de bicarbonato
2 yemas de huevo

Relleno
400 grs. de Dulce o mermelada de membrillo
2 cucharadas de vino dulce u Oporto
2 cucharadas de agua
1 cucharada de miel para el enrejado

Mètodo
Mezcle la harina, los polvos de maicena o de maiz, el bicarbonato, el azùcar una bien, agregue la mantequilla, la vainilla y el gua. Haga una masa ni muy dura ni muy blanda, dèjela reposar por 1o minutos a temperatura ambiente.
Por mientras ponga a calenta en una olla pequeña el dulce de membrillo, el vino dulce y el agua, mezcle bien y cuando estè espeso como purè apague.
Engrase y espolvoree con harina un molde de tarta de unos 26 cm., divida la masa en dos partes, coloque al fondo estirada con rodillo una parte, y la otra dèjela pra hacer el enrejado (ver foto).
Vacie sobre la masa el purè o dulce de membrillo y encina coloque el enrejado que se hace cortando tiras.
haga una mezcla con la miel y un poco de agua y pinte el enrejado para que quede dorado en el horno.
Llevar a horno por unos 20 minutos.
Cuando estè listo deje enfriar y sirva.











35 comments:

  1. I've never tried quinces, that's something I need to change. It looks like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, gracias por tu visita a mi blog, y por tu comentario. Me encanta que me hayas visitado, porque asi pude venir a ver tu blog. Esta maravilloso. Volvere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvie, you know many people said that they never try the quinces, are so nice, And if you don't make the jam at home,is not problem so this recipe you may make with the quince's jam of the stores.xxGloria

    Beatriz me encantò tu Blog también , gracias por venir, yo descubrì el tuyo donde Paola, que la quiero mucho y somos cercanas.xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking tart. I am going to have to see if I can find some quince jam to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kevin, Im sure you will make really nice I like how you cook!!! xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria, It's so nice that you have your Mom and Grandma's recipes to share with us. Thank you, this looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Marie, yes I always think that, didn't lovely the Grand ma'sbooks??? She wrote every recipe and draw some pictures too!!! xx Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is exceptionally beautiful Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAny thanks Cynthia,you are so nice!!! xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mas recetas de membrillo :-) Tienes algo mas?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mi ni�o precioso, yes I have but we have to rest for a while not all the people love quince's jam how us!! This is so easy Anthony!!! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tart Gloria! And it is even better because of the recipe of your grandmother. To have her book is such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Gloria:

    Qué tarta tan buena. Yo tambien hago una similar, la masa es casi igual pero el relleno lo hago con cabello de ángel; creo que por allá, al menos en Argentina, le llaman dulce de cidra cayote. Le pongo también un poquito de almendra laminada y queda muy rica. Algún día ya la pondré en el blog. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Debs, I love so my gran ma, she die so young was so difficult to us, but she loved cook, so an honour to me make her recipes.xxGloria

    Tarta Sacher debe ser super rica esa que tù haces, cuando la hagas la voy a probar.xxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful tart Gloria. I have never tried quince.
    Any recipe from your Grandmother is always very special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Margaret, is really nice xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks gorgeous Gloria. I've never made this before. I'll take down the recipe.
    Lots of love,
    Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gloria... solo con decir membrillo ya se me hace la boca agua. que maravilla!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Vicky is not diificult and really nice!!! xGloria

    Aran que amorosa eres, pero a mì me psa lo mismo con el membrillo no me aburre, me encanta.xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh! What a pretty tart! You are so lucky that you have your mother's recipes written in her own hand. I wish I had some of my granny's recipes written out (I have them typed on my computer). These days no one writes out a recipe. I had one written out yesterday by chance & Alfredo threw it away by accident - he didn't know what it was!

    Muchos besos, mi amiga,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to read twice he threw it away by accident??? Poor You I die!!! Thanks God in this old PC only write Gerardo Jr. and me , Gerardo Dad use more at the office PC.
    You may see the antique is the copy book of my Grand Ma but I love it!! Besos para tì y tu familia. xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! My Husband lived in Chile for two years in Vina and he talks about the food all the time. I've been searching for good recipes, and I was so excited to find your blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you! There is such a shortage of Chilean food in the states!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear, For THIS I made this Blog when I begin I always have in touch with England's friend and they said don't have latinamerican recipes (translate) and so I begin this as a service and the people of differents countries know other types of food, but really I mix international recipes and latinoamerican or chilean recipes, how is our globalized world now!
    I place two recipes a week and I try some sweet and some savoy! when you have time you may look the archives recipes and look what he would like to eat!
    Viña del Mar is lovely and I love Valparaiso, The last month (I think was in March) I post about Valparaiso. Glad to know you and this is your home!!! welcome! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hola Gloria!!
    perdona no haber pasado antes, y no es que no haya tenido tiempo.. sino que estoy un poco atareada en mis propias ideas >.<
    en fin...
    qué suerte tienes de tener esas recetas que pasan de generación en generación, por mi parte, mi abuelita cocina muy muy rico pero todo lo tiene en el disco duro ._., le diré que haga un libro de recetas así me lo deja también =D jaja.
    Por otra parte, no soy muy amante del dulce de membrillo, pero mi mamá sí, así que cuando pueda le hago una tarta :).
    Te cuidas mujer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gracias por venir Paula, antes parece que todas tenian las recetas en el disco duro, por suerte mi mamà y mi abuelita eran de anotar porque mi otra abuelita nada, todo de memoria. Que este bien.xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  26. I find that I like quince much better when it's encased in some pastry form--this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Cakespy, is really delicious. I had take the picture so fast!!! (everybody want to eat)xxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gloria, your tart looks very appetizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Gloria,
    Lucky you! Inheriting your grandmother's recipes! I am sure that you treasure her recipes very much.

    This pie looks delicious. I hope that you had a good weekend.

    xxnora

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Nora, I miss you how are you dear??? Are you rest a little??? Yes the GrandMa recipes are a little treasure to me Nora and the recipes from my Mom too!!! xxxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hola Gloria!

    I've only just come across your blog and I have to say it's wonderful.

    The quince tart looks amazing and I have a lovely big jar of mebrillo that I brought back from my holiday near Malaga. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gloria this tart looks absolutely delicious.

    Mmmm que bueno!!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Culinarytravel thanks to passing by at my blog. xGloria

    Marìa Thanks to passing by at my blog,xxGloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted